This has always been a very useful resource… now getting even better! This is from the website:
Over the past years the WieWasWie website grew in collaboration with over twenty archival institutions to more than 128 million persons in 47 million historical records. And the website is still growing: more collections will be available in the future and more institutions share their collection via WieWasWie!
For that matter we have put a lot of energy in simplifying the process to search through all these collections. The result: a brand new WieWasWie website, that was operational since February as a beta version. We have received a lot of enthusiastic feedback of many users. The remarks, tips and wishes were already partly processed in the new site. The rest will be discussed with a user group.
– The new WieWasWie makes your search through the several sources much easier:
– The certificates can be viewed easier, as the details are visible in the same screen as the search results;
– The comparison of different certificates is much easier, because multiple certificates can be opened below each other;
– The website adapts to the size of your screen without less readability and functionality. This makes WieWasWie fully responsive and applicable for use on tablets and smartphones;
– The new WieWasWie website is logical and modern.
Updates from the databasemanager
The following data were recently added to WieWasWie:
– Appx. 23,000 civil registration certificates and 81,000 persons from the city Lisse;
– Over 700,000 persons of Church books (marriages) from Gelderland;
– Over 44,000 notarial certificates from Noord-Holland;
– Over 488,000 certificates from the population registers of Noord-Holland.